Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yahoo! I finally made it in the club...

ok - i am so excited to learn about cooking from you all. i have always wanted to think of myself as a cook - not even a good cook - just a cook - (i have to start with realistic expectations for myself).
Lisa - I empathize with your feelings of intimidation...but the fact that you have winter recipes & spring/summer recipes is awesome! i don't have anything consistent that i make now - if i make dinner i will open up the recipe book and choose something random that looks good - then i will forget about it & never make it again. i think i need to focus on a few recipes i can do well then work from there. so i will probably just be a student - learning from all of you - for now. i really like the idea of weekly meals & planning ahead - i feel like i waste a lot of money buying random ingredients.

2 comments:

Joc said...

Yay! So glad you're finally on. And Jess, every time you've cooked for me it's been great! So don't sell yourself short even if you don't feel like you don't have many dinner ideas.

Ryan said...

We've missed you! And as far as forgetting things you've made that were good, I've had the same problem before. At one point I sat down and made a list of the things I fix that we enjoy. That way when I'm having one of those moments when I can't think of anything to make, I can get some inspiration from my list. I even broke it down by type of meat (chicken dishes, fish, beef, etc.).
That really helped me. I don't know about you, but I get in a cooking rut sometimes and just fix the same few things. And then all of a sudden I'll remember a dish we haven't had in a while. So the list was my reminder of all the things we like to eat that I've done in the past.