Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Honey Baked Chicken

I just got this recipe from a friend here and made it tonight. It is not really super healthy (because of the butter & salt... but there's not too much in it) and it is SO yummy and EASY! I made sure my sides were more on the healthy side tonight ... baked sweet potato, brown rice, aparagus ... and I think that might even things out a bit. :) This dish has a little bit of the flavor of everyone's fave ... Karen's Chicken & Broccoli Casserole. I think because of the curry in it. I hope you enjoy it too!

4-6 chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, wings, etc) whatever you have on hand
1/3 c. of melted butter
1/3 c. of honey
2 tsp. mustard ... not the powdered mustard ... the regular yellow mustard
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Place chicken in a 9x13
Combine all the ingredients and pour over top of chicken. Cover with foil & bake 45 mins @ 350. (I basted it once near the end of the cooking time).
And viola! .... Dinner is ready!

5 comments:

Joc said...

Yum! And I always have these ingredients on hand. Thanks Tab!

Collins said...

This sounds awesome! Glad you put it up.

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! Do you use boneless chicken? I will definitely make this soon!

Collins said...

Okay, so I was wondering what to make last night an I remembered you posting this. So I made it! It was really, really good. Gerald and I both liked it a lot. Thanks so much for posting it!

Tabitha said...

Karen,
Hooray! Glad you guys enjoyed it!
and Lisa,
you can use whatever chicken you have on hand ... it can be boneless or with bones.