Thursday, February 14, 2008

Homemade peanut butter cups




I just made these for my hubby for Valentine's Day but I didn't have mini cupcake liners so I made BIG ones. I used dark chocolate chips instead of milk choc. and they were very easy and very good. Not as pretty as Tabi's cupcakes, but for those a little less creative or ambitious, this is perfect :)

The first picture is from the internet, the second is what mine looked like, and the third is Eli, taste-testing for me.

1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
Colored sprinkles, optional

In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and
salt until smooth; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the
chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
Top each with a scant teaspoonful (mine were not very scant) of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate
until set. Store in an airtight container.


ALSO: I made homemade massage oil for my hubby for Valentine's Day. It turned out great. It's not food, but if you want the "recipe," just let me know. It was EASY!

4 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

There's nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. :o)

Tabitha said...

Mmm mmm good!! I will definitely make these sometime!

Joc said...

I'd love to know how you made the massage oil. The only massage oils I have are girly scents...

Ryan said...

These look amazing too! And I'd love to hear your recipe for massage oil as well--sounds like some good family fun. : )

After seeing everyone's posts for the V-day treats they made for their men, I'm starting to feel bad for my poor man. I haven't been able to spoil him much these days. But now when I have some time, looks like he'll have his pick of great desserts.