Saturday, February 23, 2008

salmon souffle

This is a recipe I got from my mom. She made it for Ken and me when she came to visit one time, and we loved it. It's also not low-fat, but we use the light ingredients to try to make it a little better than the full-fat version. I actually made it at Ken's parent's house one time, and had to use regular mayo, and it was way too rich. I'd recommend using the light mayo and light sour cream if possible. It's really easy to make!

1/3 cup light mayo
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
salmon filets

Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spread over top of salmon in a layer about 1/4 inch thick (give or take a little). Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes (little longer if salmon pieces are really thick). Broil on high for 2-3 minutes (watch closely b/c broilers can work their magic really quickly) or until topping begins to bubble and peaks begin to turn golden brown.

(I know I'm supposed to be working on my assignment, but I needed a break, and this was way more fun!)

1 comment:

shanna said...

Hey thanks. I just happened to buy some salmon today b/c it was on sale (at BiLo). I think I'll make that Monday night!
It was good to see you tonight.