Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poppy Seed Chicken

Sorry it took a while for me to get this on here...we've had a lot going on around here! Here is the recipe, Erin:

4 or 5 chicken breasts, cooked (and I cut them up into bite-sized pieces)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 stick of butter, melted
1 tube of Ritz crackers (I break them up in a zip-lock bag)
poppy seeds

I mix the cut up chicken in a bowl with the soup and sour cream and pour it in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the crackers over the mixture. Pour the butter over the crackers. (Sometimes I don't use a WHOLE stick of butter.) Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Serves 4-6, but serving with rice makes this spread even farther.

2 comments:

Joc said...

No wonder it tastes so good. I LOVE butter! And Ritz! :)

livinginthemidwest said...

Thanks Lisa!