Sunday, March 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

I got this recipe from a girl in my class. She made it one night when we all brought stuff to have dinner together. And then I made it a couple weekends ago for the sweetheart dinner at church only to find out that the email requesting desserts meant to bring them for the next weekend's lady's retreat--it just didn't specify which event was needing desserts donated. So I ended up sending those pies w/ Ken to work and making another two for the lady's retreat the next weekend. I'm sure you can imagine that the guys at the station weren't too upset about my mistake. : )

This recipe is really good and so easy to make. I've made it w/ low fat cream cheese and light Cool Whip a few times, and it still tastes good. I have to say though that of course, the full-fat version is best. The light version has a little different taste--I can't figure out if it's the cream cheese or the Cool Whip though. Oh, and FYI--this recipe makes 2 pies.

8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
16 oz tub Cool Whip (that's the large one)
2 graham cracker crusts

Mix cream cheese and peanut butter w/ a mixer until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar. Mix in Cool Whip one large spoonful at a time beating on high until mixture reaches a moosy consistency. Add to crusts. Chill until served.

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

Oh man, I wish Jason liked pies.