Thursday, March 13, 2008

in need of suggestions...

I know you all know that Ken and I have a weird schedule these days, and we're often not home on the same nights. Either he's at work when I'm home or I'm in class while he's home. Well I'm wondering what you all fix for dinner when you find yourself at home alone. I just don't feel like fixing a meal when it's just me, and I'm trying to get more ideas of things I can make for myself or even things I can keep on hand for Ken to fix.

A few of the things I usually end up doing are either that fruit salsa with the homemade cinnamon/sugar chips that Erin showed me (a personal favorite, by the way) or some kind of bruschetta. Lately I've been making a grilled brie and turkey sandwich when it's just me. And that's pretty good too. It seems to me it's harder to eat healthy when I'm making dinner for one, or maybe it's that I'm just not motivated to steam up some veggies when I'm alone. I was wondering if you all had any suggestions. Thanks!

3 comments:

Joc said...

You probably don't want my advice...I usually either have a bowl of cereal or an apple w/ peanut butter. And if I'm feeling particularly motivated, a grilled cheese. :)

Jess said...

Baked potato and a can of soup! Yum, Yum! French toast is always good to me - but not the healthiest I guess...

shanna said...

Hey Ry. Can't help too much b/c if I don't go to the FD when Dan's on shift, I'm like Joc. I'll just eat some cereal, eggs and toast, or beans and rice. If I cook, it's minimal. Can't seem to get motivated either. It just doesn't seem worth it somehow.
Hey, could you post the recipe for the fruit salsa and cinnamon chips? That would be a great appetizer when we have guests over on Sundays. Thanks.