Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce


With Jason gone this week I couldn't get to the grocery store (because of nap time) to get Alfredo sauce in a jar, so I found this recipe on-line that had ingredients that I had around the house. It was really easy and really yummy! I cut the recipe in half because it was just me and the boys and we still had leftovers. I then added some spaghetti noodles (because I didn't have fettuccine noodles) with chicken and broccoli.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

2 comments:

Joc said...

Ooh, I bet the cream cheese in this is really yummy!

Ryan said...

Wow! This sounds really good, especially with the chicken and broccoli