Friday, June 20, 2008

peanut butter pie

Posted by Picasa
I got this recipe from a girl in my class. She made this one night when we all brought stuff for dinner, and her pies were the talk of the class. Everyone was raving about the peanut butter pies. And the best part is, they're so easy to make. I've made them w/ low fat peanut butter and light Cool Whip, and they still turn out great.
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1 c peanut butter
16 oz tub Cool Whip
2 graham cracker crusts
Mix cream cheese and peanut butter with a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar. Then gradually mix in Cool Whip and beat on high until mixture reaches a moosy consistency. Add to crusts. Her recipe says to freeze them over night, but I've found they're actually better just chilled an not frozen.
I've also made them with a chocolate crust and drizzled melted chocolate chips on the crust before adding the peanut butter mixture, and it's really good that way too (as I'm sure you can imagine).

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

All I can say is "YUM"...and I wish Jason liked pies. Another thing to add to the "list of things to make when I come visit." :o)