Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pizza Dough (Whole Wheat if you want)

1 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup warm water

2 T oil
2 1/4 cups flour (1 cup whole wheat and 1 1/4 cup white)

Put yeast, sugar and warm water in mixing bowl. Let foam for about 10 minutes. Then add rest of ingredients and mix with dough hook (I have a KitchenAid mixer so I don't know if all mixers have a dough hook. But you can just knead it by hand too) Mix until a dough ball forms that doesn't stick to the side. Let rise 30 minutes to 1 hour. Take dough out. Roll into whatever shape you want for you crust and put on pizza sheet. Add toppings and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

*I found it better to bake the crust for about 5 minutes first and then add the toppings and bake. That way it didn't get soggy.

2 comments:

Joc said...

Yay! Thanks Erin. This sounds like a dough I could do after work!

Tabitha said...

Thanks, Erin! I've been wanting a good pizza dough recipe and this looks like it! Yummy!