Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fresh Corn Salad


My hubby found this in a farm magazine we get. I tried it over the weekend and it was SO good. You can change the proportions however you want (and K, you can leave out the onion...).

5 ears fresh corn
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
6 Tbs fresh basil, finely chopped
salt
pepper

In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes or until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse the corn in ice water to stop the cooking and set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob.

Toss the kernels in a large bowl with tomatoes, onions, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Just before serving, toss in fresh basil. Serve cold or at room temperature.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

So do you eat it like regular salsa--w/ chips? It sounds really good. I've found that I like corn in more things than I used to, so I may just give this one a try.

Joc said...

Well, it's not actually a salsa. I suppose you could eat it with chips or something, but it's a salad. So we ate it with some grilled chicken for dinner the other night.