Tuesday, May 6, 2008

7-Layer Mexican dip

The Deans had us over for a Cinco de Mayo celebration last night. I brought this dip, cause it's one of my favorite fiesta-type indulgences. I'm sure that all of you foodies have made the 7-layer dip before, but mine is a little tweaked for more flavor... and I'm also just posting it here so I can be reminded of it, if I need an idea!

Layer in a dish:

1 can Refried beans- mixed w/half a packet of taco seasoning
1 can Green chilis
1 can chopped black olives (I always leave these out... cause I just don't like 'em)
Sour cream- enough to cover
Guacamole - enough to cover (sometimes I just chop up avocado if I don't feel like making it...)
Chopped tomato - mixed with salsa and/or taco sauce. I always add a bunch of salsa cause I really don't like a dry dip!
Grated cheddar cheese- enough to cover

Refrigerate and serve w/chips.

Sorry I forgot to take a picture...

3 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

I've never made this dip but I have had it before. It is oh so yummy!

Jess said...

I concur - yummy! She didn't have time to take a picture b/c we scarfed it down. Nothing like a reason to eat some Mexican food - happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all!

Ryan said...

My mom made this when I was growing up, but she didn't put taco seasoning in the bean dip. When I tried it w/ that little addition, it was a whole new experience. So much better!