Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas


This is one of those great recipes with few ingredients but lots of flavor (and very easy to make). Even my boys gobbled these down. (the picture is from the recipe card because they were eaten up before I could get a picture of mine)

1 jar or can of enchilada sauce
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided (I used cheddar and mozzarella because that's what I had and it still tasted great)
1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
1 1/3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, divided
1/4 cup chopped green pepper (I left it out because of a picky husband)
2 T chopped green onion (I used dried onion and still really yummy)
8-10 flour tortillas (6 inch) - I used whole wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded lettuce

In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup sauce, chicken, 1 cup of cheese, olives, 1/3 cup of tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Place a rounded 1/4 cupful of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in greased 13x9 baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and remaining tomatoes.

No comments: