Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shanna's Greek Chicken Pita

This is actually a recipe from Shanna. A long time ago we all came up with about 5 recipes to share with each other. Actually, I think it was to make a recipe book for Tabitha before she moved away. Anyways, I was looking through some of those recipes and found this one. Shanna, hope you don't mind if I share it. They were really good, tasted healthy, and we had enough for leftovers - all of these things are essential in our house these days!

1 rotisserie chicken
bell peppers (I used orange, green, red...but yellow would be great too)
shredded lettuce
feta cheese
chopped tomato
Greek salad dressing
cucumber
pita (I used white b/c of a picky husband - but they do have a wheat variety)

Just pick all the chicken off the bone add salad dressing and heat. I also heated up the pita pockets. Then fill with whatever toppings! I even made a couple for lunch the next day - they were really good cold too!

1 comment:

shanna said...

Hey, thanks for posting this. I kinda forgot about this easy little recipe and I think I'll re-introduce it this week:)
Shanna
ps Erin, I tried your red lobster biscuits this week with a tasty pot roast and they were delish.