Monday, September 29, 2008

Overnight French Toast


A friend of mine made this one time and I had to find a recipe for it. So my mom's church cookbook had it. It's great because you can make it the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning.

1/2 stick butter (room temperature)
12 (3/4 in. thick) French bread slices
6 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. sugar
1 T cinnamon (or less)
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt

Spread butter over bottom of heavy large baking pan with sides. Arrange bread slices in pan. Beat eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Pour mixture over bread. Turn bread slices to coat. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake French bread 10 minutes (uncovered). Turn over and bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

Joc said...

ooh...I bet all that butter makes this SO good...

Ryan said...

Oh, my! That look so good! I think we'll be having that the next morning we're both home together (and I'm awake). : )