Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Emmie's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Here it is, I think. I just found this in my recipe book and I hope it's the original. I asked Emmie, but she's had a ton going on and hasn't had time to get it to me, so here is what I have. She did say that she was never able to make them as good as she did at your apartment, Erin, so maybe it was the oven or you being there! Anyway, hope this helps...

8 oz. chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in one bowl. In another large bowl, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

Yum, thanks! Did Emmie say it was a Martha Stewart recipe...or did I just make that up. :o)

Ryan said...

Now if only I can get my man to stop eating the chocolate chips before I can make them into cookies...