Monday, July 21, 2008

Tomato-Avocado Bruschetta

I actually got this recipe from Erin, so we'll give her the credit. :)  I've made this oodles of times now, and my man particularly loves it.  It's also great to use up all the millions of cherry tomatoes that are ripe right now!
Ingredients:
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs white balsamic or white wine vinegar (or I use regular balsamic)
1/2 tsp salt
10 oz grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1.5 cups chopped tom. well drained)
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
1-2 cloves garlic
2 Tbs fresh slivered basil
4 oz chevre cheese
4 oz cream cheese
1 loaf french bread, or rosemary and olive oil bread, sliced  1/4" thick

In medium bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and salt.  Add tomatoes, avocado, garlic, basil. Toss gently.

In small bowl, combine cheese until evenly blended. Chill until ready to assemble. (I often just use cream cheese cause, well, it's just simpler...)

Brush bread slices with olive oil and grill (or toast) on both sides.

Spread cheese mixture on bread and top with tomato mixture. 

It's divine!

2 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

I forgot how yummy this was until I had it at your house last week. I just wish Jason would eat it. :o) Maybe I can make it for the next women's get-together at church. Or I guess there's not harm in making a batch and eating it all myself.

Ryan said...

Mmmm...glad you posted this. I was wondering just the other day where I had it written down. So now I'm sure to have it when I need to make a batch. This is one of those girly dinners I love to have when Ken is at work. Soooo good!