Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Spring greens and Rotissiere Chicken

OK...so I went digging for salad recipes and this is one I made last night. I know some of you don't like nuts and some of you don't like fruit in your salad...but I thought I would share anyways.
ingredients:
1 Rotisserie chicken (I bought it in the deli for convenience)
Spring greens
strawberries
blue cheese
honey roasted cashews (or peanuts)

All I did was pull all the chicken off the bone. Next I laid out the spring greens and put all the ingredients on top (just as much or little as I wanted). The recipe called for lemon juice as the salad dressing but I used a light raspberry vinaigrette and it was really good.
We even have enough chicken leftover to make chicken salad sandwiches or whatever else and the best part - it was easy!

3 comments:

Joc said...

Mmm, I love me some cashews. I just never think of them as salad fare. So thanks, Jess. Great salad idea.

livinginthemidwest said...

Yum, that looks good. Too bad I have a picky husband. I think the only thing he would eat would be the chicken and the greens.

Jess said...

yea, my husband tried to eat as much as he could but ended up saying it wasn't his favorite. but i will make it for myself again.