Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries


We love sweet potato fries and they are a bit pricey in the grocery store. So we've tried to make them ourselves but they just turned out soggy. So I found this recipe and even though they look burnt and not so yummy...these are delicious!

1 large sweet potato (feeds about 3)
olive oil
salt
pepper

You can peel the skin off or leave it on...we like potato skin, so I left it on. Cut the potato into chunky slices. Throw into a bowl and add salt, pepper (to your taste) and about 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss to coat. Then with tongs or fingers place on a cookie sheet (make sure the potatoes aren't touching). Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then flip them over and cook for another 10 minutes....or if you're like me and forget to take them out when the timer went off, just cook them for about 20-25 minutes on one side. Either way they turn out great and are so yummy and sweet...without the brown sugar and marshmallows.

6 comments:

Joc said...

Awesome! I've only tried to make them one time (when Tab was visiting...remember that, Tab and Jess?) and they turned out SO soggy. Total disaster. I haven't attempted them since. But you have given me some new confidence. Thanks Erin. Miss you!

Collins said...

Alright, I'm trying them tonight! Let you know how they turn out!

Joc said...

I'm trying them tonight too!

Collins said...

These were AWESOME! I'm so excited to have another way to fix sweet potatoes since their so good for you and I love how this one doesn't add anything sweet. Roger usually eats sweet potatoes, but he loved these even more since they were "french fries"

Joc said...

Okay, I loved 'em too! And I've made them again since then. Once with peels, once without. Both were great. Erin, you rock!

Tabitha said...

I remember the sweet potato fry incident, Joc. :) I'll be trying these some time soon (especially with all the rave reviews!) as our whole fam loves sweet pots too. Thanks, Erin!