Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Appetizer Ideas

Hey girls,
Been awhile....It was wonderful to see everyone on Saturday (Erin, we missed you!)!

Okay, so Laura's graduation party is on Sunday and I wanted to make some fun appetizers for her. Problem: she doesn't like anything that's white. Yeah, and some people think my onion aversion is annoying. So, no sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, ranch dressing, or anything like that. Any ideas? The only thing I've come up with so far are sausage balls (technically she doesn't like sausage, but she did try these one time and liked them...). All ideas are welcome, but I am in a bit of a time crunch. I'm leaving to stay up at the cabin tomorrow night (G's going out of town this weekend to O-town with work) and may not have internet. Let me know. Thanks girls!

2 comments:

shanna said...

Hey, Ryan/Erin's fruit salsa with cinnamon chips were a hit at my house for appetizers. Hmm. What else? Laura has some food limitations doesn't she? Ryan also makes a good bruchetta that doesn't have anything white in it (well, it might have onions but maybe you could omit those.) You could make a pizza and cut that up too. Does she like chicken? You could make little chicken salad croissants or buy those little quiche from sam's club. Anyway, a few ideas. I'll think on it some more.

Joc said...

You could do that thing I posted about a couple weeks back. Combine a can of black beans, a can of corn, and some salsa. Melt some cheddar cheese over the top and serve with tortilla chips.
Or the classic Rotel dip is always a favorite- melt velveeta and rotel together. You can even add some meat or chili without beans to make it heartier. Of course, that's not too particularly healthy or organic. :)