Monday, August 29, 2011

Spinach Salad Wraps

Even though we're toward the end of the summer, I had to add this here because it was quite delicious (or delicioso as Roger would say - too much Diego in our house).


http://www.deglazing.com/deglazing/2011/08/spinach-salad-wraps.html
This is the original recipe, but since I'm a shamefully picky eater I changed it up.

Here's what you need:

tortillas
mozzarella cheese
tomatoes
mushrooms
spicy ranch dressing (I bought the packet and made it - ohmyword - good) or sour cream
couple few hard boiled eggs
bacon
fresh spinach leaves

Cook up the bacon. Cut up the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook them in a little butter (or bacon grease if you like living on the edge) toss in whatever herbs you like - I think I did a little oregano and basil and some nature's seasoning. Cook them up then drain them. Lay out your tortilla and put either your sour cream of dressing on it. Layer on bacon, spinach, mozzarella, tomato/mushroom mixture and eggs. Wrap up the tortilla and wrap it in wax paper if you're into that sort of thing (which I am) and enjoy.

No comments: