Thursday, January 31, 2008

Breakfast Casserole


So, the blog should probably be started off with something more, um, dinnerlike, but here's a recipe that Jess recently asked me for. It's one of my man's favorite breakfast dishes and part of my traditional Christmas breakfast. It's always a crowd pleaser and it's a make-ahead dish too. Oh, and it's my mom's recipe. There are many like it out there, but this one, of course, is my personal favorite.

6 eggs
2 cups milk
2 slices bread - cubed
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp dry mustard
1 lb sausage, cooked and drained

Beat eggs, add everything else.
Pour into a greased 9x12 pan.
Refridgerate overnight.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

I often substitute low-fat sausage and it's just as good. And you can make it the morning of, but it's better when it sits overnight.



1 comment:

Ryan said...

How did you know I was needing a breakfast recipe for a brunch I'm going to tomorrow? This is perfect--can't wait to try it! Thanks.