Saturday, September 18, 2010

Healthy Cobb Salad

First of all, let me say I am so excited about the new recipes just posted! Can't wait to try them all!
Thanks! Having a stalemate with my dinner menus...need quick during the week yet healthy and child friendly! We have been eating a lot of Turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and veggies. Getting burned out!

I found this one in my People magazine...it is from Jillian Micheals from the Biggest Loser. I haven't tried it yet but it is on the menu for this week!

1 oz. Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (my sister has been eating this for breakfast and loves it)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp water
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
4 slices turkey bacon (another new fav of mine! don't hate til you give it a try! ;)
8 cups or 2 heads thinly sliced Romaine lettuce
1 lb poached or grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
1 firm, ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced

1. Blend the Roquefort, yogurt, vinegar, water and pepper until smooth; reserve.
2. Cook turkey bacon, until crisp, about 8 min
3. Arrange lettuce on platter, scatter bacon, followed by chicken, tomatoes, eggs, avocado.
4. Drizzle with dressing and serve.

Serves 6
(Sorry no picture...yet!)

No comments: