Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake



Just made this last week and it was by far, the best dessert I've ever made. I thought I'd share it with you girls.

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
Directions: In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half of chopped cookies. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Place pan on a baking sheet.
Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.

5 comments:

Joc said...

OH MY! Oreos are my favorite cookies of all time...and I am going to have to try this immediately. Maybe this weekend. Thank you for passing this along!

Tabitha said...

MMmmmmmmm! Looks delicious!! Did you take the pic, Shanna?! It's great! I'll have to try this one sometime soon too!!

Collins said...

ugh! I totally forgot I was going to make this last weekend when we went to hang out with some friends....oh well, now I'll just have to make it for us! thanks so much for adding it!

shanna said...

Tab: no, I didn't. I always forget to take a picture of things when I make them! But, I did make it for V-day so it's kinda funny that the background turned out to be Valentine-ish. Anyway, the final product actually looked just like that b/c I got it off the taste of home website (and the recipe came from my taste of home magazine.)

livinginthemidwest said...

Oh my! When I have the energy and time to cook again, I will have to try this one.